Carl and I finally decided that Max was just too big to sleep in our bed. Max, on the other hand, disagreed. We could not get him to sleep in his crib without screaming for hours on end. A couple of my friends had mentioned the Baby Whisperer so I checked out one of her books from my local library and gave her method a shot.
It is still early on in this process but I think it is going to work. We have a new structured routine that Max seems to really enjoy. Nap time and bedtime are going much better. While he still puts up a fuss, it's only for about 20 minutes and then he usually sleeps pretty well. The next hurdle will be getting him to sleep all the way through the night. On this program he has already dropped one night time waking and hopefully he'll drop another one tonite. I"ll keep you posted!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ive got my fingers crossed for you guys!!! i barely like sharing a bed with my husband, let alone a baby so it's quite a feat in my book that you've lasted so long. i hope it works fast!
I love the Baby Whisperer. I hope things settle down with Max soon! Thinking of you in CA - me
Post a Comment