Lately I have been studying the Articles of Faith and I came upon this little gem today:
“ ‘We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression’ (A of F 1:2). This not only means that we will not be punished for what Adam did in the garden, but also that we cannot excuse our own behavior by pointing a finger to Adam or anyone else. The real danger in failing to accept responsibility for our own actions is that unless we do, we may never even enter on the strait and narrow path.”
—Elder F. Burton Howard of the Seventy, “Repentance,” Ensign, May 1991, 13.
Somehow our generation seems to have missed this crucial lesson about choices and their consequences. It has really made me think about how I am going to help Max understand this principle. I haven't had any "Aha" moments or anything like that but I just thought it was a thought worth sharing.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment