Saturday, February 25, 2012
Thank goodness for Grandma
Max and Joe just spent the last week hanging out with Grandma and they loved very second of it. In fact, Max would wake up every morning and start calling "Gree-ma, where are you?". Even though the call started around 6:30 am(he was just so excited to see her he couldn't sleep a second longer), I thought it was precious. My mom's visit also gave me the chance to prop my feet up, relax, and not do one single thing all week long. Literally. It would have been paradise expect for the pain in my feet. You see,fair readers, I had surgery on both feet on Monday and was on doctor ordered bed rest for the week. My dear mother, being the kind soul she is, came out here to watch the boys whilst I convalesced. Carl took one day off work but he hasn't accrued enough sick leave/vacation time to take off the whole week. So while I was quite literally stuck on the couch, my mom cooked,cleaned, entertained the boys, and attended to all my needs. She's the best. I had a follow up visit with my podiatrist on Friday and it looks like everything is heeling well. I am able to move around more and my pain level has significantly decreased. I am really grateful for my mom and her willingness to drop everything to help out.
PS-while at my first post-op visit, I almost passed out when the doctor removed the dressings from my incisions. I had no idea I was so squeamish. Anyway, my mom took that opportunity to take a few pictures of my feet because she said I would want pictures later. I didn't post them since I still get light headed when I look at them but they may make an appearance on this blog one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
what did you have done? I'm glad you're healing - feel better quickly!
I had a bunionectomy on my right foot and an excess bone growth removed from my calcaneus on my left foot.
My left foot is almost back to normal but my right foot still hurts. A lot.
Wow! Ouch! Hope you are better soon.
Glad to hear you are healing and that someone pampered you! You deserve it!!
Ouch. I had a bunionectomy too, and like you found the dressing removal to be AWFUL. ugg
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Foot pain is the worst. Moms are the best. Love you.
Post a Comment