Thursday, February 2, 2012

HELP!!!

In our lovely little branch everyone has at least 2 callings.  No, seriously.  Actually, that is one of the thing I love most about being in a branch; everyone is needed.  Right now I need a little help from my long distance friends in order to fulfill my favorite calling, which is Primary chorister.  If you have never had this calling, you are missing out.  I love singing with the kids each week and watching them as the music touches their hearts and teaches them truth.  It is amazing.  I have witnessed some amazing things during singing time and so I try my best to make each week a fun learning opportunity. Actually, it's kind of ironic that this is my favorite calling since I actually strongly dislike singing in front of people.  Ask my college roommates.  One time we had to sing during sacrament meeting(all 6 of us and I think everyone else was truly musically gifted so all I had to do was stand up there and pretend to sing) and I cried a lot beforehand and thought I was going to either pass out or throw up from nerves.  In case you are wondering, I didn't actually do either but it was close. Back to the point at hand...I just can't think of anything to help teach the kiddos Choose the Right this month.  I know some of you creative ladies have some great singing time ideas you can share.  Please e-mail me some singing time creativity.  Pretty Please.  Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

Sarah McK said...

Shockingly, I have never had this calling, although I've subbed for it a million times. Logan found good ideas for it on the internet when he did this calling in Lindell. Good luck!

Mindy said...

Ash, I'm just catching up I'm your blog. I am the singing teacher in my ward too. It's so fun, but so much work! We should swap ideas. Love you and miss you!!!