Since Max doesn't really have any preferences right now, I chose a "Watch Me Grow" and dots as the theme for his party. With the help of my friend Tori and her amazing Cricut, I was able to make some awesome decorations. We did one wall of pictures from Max's birth until Max's actual first birthday so we could...wait for it...watch Max grow.
It's not the best picture ever, but you get the idea. It was actually pretty neat to have all those pictures up and see how much Max really has changed over this past year. It brought a tear to my eyes!
We had tomato soup, P'sghetti's sandwiches(my favorite), chips, and my favorite salad for dinner. I also made chocolate cupcakes and an orange cake for dessert. I know, orange cake sounds strange but it was absolutely delish! Max doesn't like chocolate cake and loves oranges so I found a recipe for an orange cake. I decorated the cupcakes and cake myself. Some of the cupcakes didn't look so cute but I was pretty happy with the way the cake turned out.
You might not be able to see but the cupcakes have little signs that say "Happy Birthday" atop them, thanks to Tori's Cricut.
We then opened presents, which he liked for about 5 minutes and then he was over that too. Fortunately we served cake and ice cream right after that and Max loved that. He went from person to person begging for bites of cake, which everyone gave him. I think that might have been his favorite part of the whole party. I do think he slipped into a cake coma after a while though.
It was a really pleasent party and I think we achieved our goa: To celebrate Max and to create more unity in our family.




4 comments:
LOL on that last picture! Happy birthday, Max! You guys did a great job.
I can't believe how grown up he is! What a cutie and what a fun party!
Well no WONDER you were so stressed out! My idea of throwing a one-year-old a party is making a cake and calling it good. You wouldn't be so stressed if you weren't an artsy over-achiever! :)
He's such an amazingly good looking child! I'm glad the party turned out so well. Your cake and cupcakes looked spectacular!
Post a Comment