"Patience, A Heavenly Virtue" is the name of a wonderful talk given by President Monson and also a quote I needed taped to my steering wheel yesterday. The first two-thirds of my day was awesome. Carl, Max and I hung out together and just relaxed. Around 4:00, though, everything started going downhill.
Without going into all the details, I will just say that patience was thin on the ground yesterday as I raced appointment to appointment. Admittedly, after nearly being rear-ended and then cut off within 5 minutes, some might understand why I was feeling a little frazzled by the ensuing series of events. But friends, I stooped to a new low yesterday. After a driver forgot to check his blindspot and nearly sideswiped me, I got so frustrated that I totally stuck my tongue out at the driver. I know, I was acting like a 2 year old but I was in a rush and thus not feeling my most patient nor charitable. That little act set the tone for the rest of my day.
Later that night I realized just how poorly I was behaving and decided I needed a major attitude adjustment. I do not need to stick my tongue out at innocent bystanders nor anything like unto it. My quest for patience will likely be lifelong but I hope I can continue this little adjustments along the way.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
is "stuck my tongue out" code for something else? because that something else is what i wouldn't done. kudos to you for being self-aware and wanting to keep patience up. Gosh, all long as I'm sane with wallace (and todd), the rest of the world can deal! JK, but you know~!?
haha...this reminds me of a story i have to tell you later. pretty much i yelled at an innocent lady in the mall parking lot a week before christmas. i felt so bad after. i guess we all lose our patience sometimes!
Ummm...stuck your tongue out?! I think I may have thought of something a little bit more immature to do in that moment. :)
Post a Comment