Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Max's Birthday

I am sufficiently recovered from Max's birthday bash enough to write a little something about him.  I will write more about his party later.  I still feel a little bit like I was beaten with a baseball bat.  I think it was all the stress of getting Max's party ready.  Carl and I both have huge families so a the number of people in attendance at a family party can easily head upwards of 60 people.  Carl and I limited the number to 30.

Max turned one last Thursday.  I can't believe it has been a year since he was born; time really has flown by.  Max is a very special little boy and he has really brought Carl and me closer together.  I love watching Max grow and learn something new each day.  His curiosity and persistence make me laugh and remind me to push myself a little bit more each day.  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me this child because he really does seem to fit just perfectly into our family.  He is a great combination of havoc-wreaker and cuddle-bug extraordinaire, which makes my life very busy and very rewarding.

Max has been walking for over a month but he has recently progressed to speed walking, particularly when he doesn't want to get his diaper changed.  He loves to climb on anything that is not moving resulting in his fair share of bumps and bruises.  Max also loves to play with buttons; his current favorite toy is our dvd player(we are trying to teach him not to touch it but he is so sly that he gets to and starts pushing every button in sight before I can redirect him).  My son also loves to eat.  Yesterday Carl fed him chili and he thought it was just about the best thing in the whole world.  On the flip side, he doesn't really like sweet stuff(much like his father and not at all like me). 

I could keep going but I really need to take a short nap before Max wakes up.  I promise to post pictures of this party soon.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been a year! And I missed his birthday. It sailed right past me without me making him the cupcakes I had planned on. Happy Birthday, Max!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday little Max!