Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Best purchase ever

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Omaha is stinking cold in the winter.  Yesterday I took Max to the Children's Museum and he started to cry when we walked outside because of the intense cold.  And yes, he was wearing a coat and hat.  Needless to say, I am freezing my tush off. 

Last night we made a Target run because I needed new gloves (I lost one in our move).  While looking for gloves, I wandered into the shoe section and then I remembered that I needed a replacement pair of socks because the pair I was sporting had a gigantic hole in the big toe.  Since Max was about ready to fall asleep in the cart, I grabbed a few pairs and dashed to the register.  As I put a pair on this morning, I realized I bought knee socks.  I put them on anyway and ran out the door and...my leggies weren't cold.  I was thrilled!  I have now decided to buy a pair of knee socks for every day of the week plus a few extra in order to combat frostbite caused by the intense cold and frigid winds that are now a part of my daily life on the plains.

5 comments:

April said...

Yay for warm!

Maggie said...

I've been thinking about you today because Dan did his Nebraska interview today. I hope the winter isn't too hard on you guys!

anorthowife said...

i LOVE the knee socks! although they're not always enough for me (which is ridiculous, i know). that's when i throw on fuzzy socks on top of the knee socks. hmmm... toasty!

Tori said...

And, they're super cute, right!? How fun and what a great idea!

Alicia said...

Can I just say, last year was SOOOOOO much worse. It was just devastating. This year I'm feeling like it's a bit on the mild side.