Friday, March 19, 2010

Frosted Mini Wheats

Max loves frosted mini wheats.  Some days that is the only thing he will eat.  Other times he will make a raptor-like noise if we try to take away his mini wheats or put the container out of his reach.  I tell myself that there are far worse things I could let him eat but that rationale usually doesn't make me feel much better. 

Today we were at my friend Mindy's house and she gave us the most amazing turkey and dumplings to eat for lunch.  Max ate 4 bites and was done.  Later on, of course, he found the bag of mini wheats and proceeded to chow down.  James, Mindy's son, woke up from his nap around this time and was feeling a little sad.  Out of the blue, Max gave James one of his mini wheats.  James felt a little better.  The Max gave him a handful of mini wheats and James felt a lot better.  This went on until the mini wheat supply was almost depleted.  Watching Max share his beloved mini wheats with a friend just warmed my heart.  Max is a spunky kid and sometimes the spunk wears me out but tender moments like these seem to give me renewed energy and verve.  I left Mindy's house feeling grateful for Max and his special little spirit and also grateful for the opportunity just to observe these simple moments.

2 comments:

Sarah McK said...

What a sweet moment! I think Max is great and I love him! And you!

Becky said...

Hey beautiful! The joys of motherhood... I can't wait. So I need your address so that I can send out a birth announcement. Email me... theychic@hotmail.com