More than once Carl andI and have walked into an event and silently hoped that we wouldn't be confronted with "dinners of doom." More than once we have seen the shrimp scampi or lasagna and made an immediate detour to salad bar. (If you don't know, Carl is lactose intolerant and allergic to shellfish and I am allergic to pasta.)
The sad part is that I love shrimp and lasagna is one of Carl's favorite dishes. In the 2 and a hald years we have been married, we have not had lasagna because I can never find gluten free lasagna noodles and all the cheese would make Carl positively ill. The other day, though, Carl stumbled upon lasagna noodles in the grocery store...let me just say there was some serious celebrating going on. Then, today I found lactose free cottage cheese(I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta) at the store, making lasagna a much more pleseant experience for all of us. Carl made lasagna tonite and both of us could actually enjoy our meal. Max also loved it and he ate broccoli without any protesting or throwing!
To top it all off, I found lactose free ice cream for Carl and my friend, Angela, gave me a gluten free brownie mix that was incredible. At the end of the evening we realized that we had an entire meal free of allergens. It was a beautiful thing.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment