Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Me and my gang

As many a girls at BYU are wont to do, my roommates and I used to make predictions about each other's furtures.  One night we were conjecturing about how many kids each roommates would have, how those kids would likely behave, and each person's parenting style.  One of my dear friend's said I would have a well-behaved and proper child who was well-spoken and refrained from making messes (I was kind of a princess and the thought of a well-behaved and dirt-averse child sounded perfect).  My roommates agreed with her and they all decided my parenting style would be firm yet loving.  I would most likely have structured learning time and lots of quiet play.  My kid (everyone was also agreed that I would have one child) would be super-smart and reserved (I am a reserved person myself, so this made sense to me).  I was pretty pleased with the picture they painted for my future. 

Enter one Carl Ray Sansom.  And eventually one Max Thomas Sansom joined the party. 


Oddly enough, none of my friends' predictions have come true, except the part about my child being super-smart; I believe, as does every mother, that my child is a genius.  The men in my life are manly men.  Max loves to climb, to make messes, to yell at the top of his lungs, and doesn't do quiet play.  Carl was the same when he was little and loves that Max is so active and daring.  For my part, I have had to readjust my thoughts about parenting.  Max has helped me to just relax and laugh at things that would formerly have made my eye twitch. 

I have gotten used to being surrounded by rowdiness and wrestling pretty much all of the time and to my great suprise, I love it.  Now it is on to our next great adventure.  Max will soon be a big brother!  We found out a couple of weeks ago that another little boy will be joining our family around July 3rd.

We are thrilled about our newest addition--I just hope that I will have enough energy to keep up with all three of my boys!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Having two kids is loads of work but more than anything its a blast!

Sarah McK said...

I started laughing from the first sentences of this post. Max?!? QUIET?!? :) Great post. Love the pictures of Carl and Max!

sarah said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!

Alisha Stamper said...

wonderful! happy happy happy for you!

Tori said...

This is such a cute post. Max is truly such a sweet boy, and of course a genius! On top of all that, he's going to be a heart breaker with those big beautiful eyes, and fantastic head of hair!