Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ambushed

Today we went to a safety fair at the mall and it was AWESOME!!!  Along with a horrifying car roll over demonstration(picture the cab of a truck spinning round and round followed by a dummy flying out of the window), and other safety themed booths, we were able to see all sorts of emergency vehicles.  Along with the standard firetruck, police car, and ambulance, we saw the MERV(the SWAT team's vehicle),the Bomb Squad's vehicle and robot, helicopters, police horses, and an armored car.  I was enthralled by the bomb diffusing robot demonstration but it actually freaked the boys out so we had to mover on.  Joe ran around the whole thing screaming in delight; he always has a great time.   Max, who is very cautious by nature, walked right up to the Life Flight helicopter and climbed in, with a little assistance from me.  I was so proud of him.  Then Carl mentioned that the Humane Society had a dog out for the kids to pet.  Joe loves dogs so we went over.  Joe was squealing with delight and petting the dog while Max smiled at Cy, the husky on display, from a safe distance.  I decided to actually pet Cy--that was my mistake.  I fell in love with Cy and wanted to take him home immediately.  As we walked away, I told Carl that I wanted Cy and he smiled a very sly smile and casually mentioned that huskies are his favorite breed of dog.  He set me up!  I don't really love animals but something about Cy spoke to me and I am sure Carl knew that would happen(he later told me that he and Joe had spent lots of time with Cy before Max and I met up with them).  So now I am researching all about huskies and their needs and I hope to adopt Cy or a dog like him soon.  As I write this post I have to just laugh at myself.  I have never wanted an animal of any kind and yet here I am contemplating dog adoption.  Oh how life (and kids) changes people.

1 comment:

Shayla Taylor said...

Welcome to the club! I was completely doped up on pain meds when we got ours. We have a black lab. :)