Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Max-an update

Max has been in school for a whole month now and he just started to absolutely love it last Friday.  He goes in without crying and the teachers tell me he plays like a champ all day.  He is growing up!  As expected, being around the other kids has really helped Max talk more.  A lot more.  Right now his favorite thing to say is "No, thanks" as in
Me:  Max please stop playing in the blinds.
Max:  No, thanks.

or

Me:  Max, it's time for bed.  Which pajamas would you like to wear?
Max:  No thanks.  I play with trains.

It's pretty funny.  Max's increased vocabulary has had an unintended bonus:  Joe is starting to say words.  He does signs for "more," "all done," and "milk" but now he says "night night," "bye-bye," and "max" in addition to mama and dada.  My boys are so much fun!  I never knew how much I would love being a mom to two active boys.  I always thought my kids would be calm and a little more cerebral, like me.  Apparently Heaven Father felt differently because my kids are just like Carl.  They spend all day chasing each other around the house, crawling up and down the stairs, and talking to one another in their own language.  And then they do something so precious, like randomly running up to me and giving me hugs and kisses, that my heart absolutely melts.  When I take a step back from the minutiae of cleaning floors and changing diapers, I realize that I am so blessed.  I am able to stay home with my kiddos and watch them learn and grow.  I couldn't ask for anything better.

2 comments:

anorthowife said...

im so glad to hear that Max has finally settled in! it must be such a relief for everyone. and i bet Joe is in heaven having you all to himself!

Karen said...

I'm glad things are working out so well.