Thursday, May 5, 2011

But I won't do that...

Admit it, you were singing that Meatloaf song in your head.  It's okay, we all were.  But seriously, I will do anything to avoid folding laundry.  I detest it.  I don't know why but the laundry is the bane of my existence.  I will find any possible excuse to avoid folding the laundry.  Organize the hall closet-you bet.  Wash dishes-Yup.  Delete 1600 old e-mails(literally) from my inbox- you know it.  Yes, I really did delete all those e-mails and then organize the remaining important e-mails into folders just to avoid folding the mammoth pile of laundry awaiting me in the basement.  And now I am blogging about the burning hatred I have for laundry in order to put off the deed for 5 more minutes.  Alas, I am out of excuses and now I must fold laundry.  Drat!

3 comments:

Teri said...

I knew a lady who would pay someone to come and fold and put away her laundry-she would just call a young women in the ward wanting to make a quick few bucks and it's a win-win for both.

I don't mind washing laundry but I struggle with the folding and putting away part-ugh!

Becky said...

the folding and putting away is horrible. it NEVER ends, I feel like as soon as I think I'm finished more has piled up...in fact that is what I'm trying to work on right now, and look at me blogging too...

Alicia said...

I'd trade doing laundry for dishes any day! Isn't it fun to know that we all have our own hated chore? I do laundry twice a week and the goal is to wash, fold and put away in a day so it is DONE for two or three more days. I love getting it done and closing the doors to my laundry closet and forgetting about it the rest of the week. I know, I'm wierd!