Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Near Miss
Everyone has their daily rituals. Some are long, some are meaningful, and some are just for fun. My daily ritual involves jewelry. I always wear earrings, even if I am just planning on an at-home day. I think I always wear earrings because it makes me feel pretty and put together on even the most frantic of days. Today was no exception. As Max and I were almost out the door and on our way to the Children's Museum, I realized I forgot to put on earrings and my wedding rings. I quickly ran upstairs to our bedroom and pulled out my rings when disaster struck. As I was putting on my rings, one of them slipped out of my fingers, hit my lingerie chest, and bounced into the vent. I just stood there holding my breath as the ring clanked around in the heating duct. Since Joe was sleeping I couldn't yell for Carl so I ran downstairs and starting doing a little jig in our kitchen. Carl, being Superman and all, raced upstairs to our bedroom and using only a flashlight and a pen, managed to rescue my ring from its metallic prison. Needless to say, I shut that vent immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree that it would have been very tragic to lose your ring. Was it just another ring you wear or your actual wedding ring? I'm glad Carl saved the day for you. I love the birthday post and the Sunday conversation. I can just picture it!:) Thank you so much, again, for your help with the shapes.
PHEW. Ah, the relief!
Post a Comment