Now, an explanation. Carl is in charge of a United Way fundraiser at UPS so he has the responsibility of re-stocking the junk food they sell (mind you, Carl works from 2:30 AM to 9:00 AM). Every time we go through this process, I get at least 2 scathing looks from other shoppers, mostly moms with kids Max's age. I have considered putting a sign on the front of cart indicating that none of the food belongs to us. I'm not sure anyone would be able to see it amidst the 10 cartons of soda and the 5 flats a chips...perhaps a sandwich board would be more effective.
This is the other reason I hate this process: Since this is a self-sustaining fundraiser, Carl uses the cash on hand to pay for these goods. He has a lot of ones and fives. Imagine paying the final bill, which is usually around $200, in ones and fives. Again, we get a lot of strange looks for that. I have started explaining that the junk food is for a fundraiser because I am pretty sure some of the cashiers thought we ran a strip club.

4 comments:
That's so funny! My first thought when I saw the photo before I read the post was...I didn't know that Carl and Ashley were big soda drinkers:) hehe...fun job!
Haha. Love it. I thought, "Look they're having a party!" Definitely didn't think it was for personal consumption. Maybe you should exchange the money for bigger bills at the bank before you go. At least you won't have to do this for much longer!
Oh that's hilarious! Note to self: remember not to judge others, even if their carts are piled high with only soda and chips :).
LOL.
Post a Comment