![]()
![]()
On Saturday, we went to a friend's wedding. I love weddings. I love seeing the bride, I love looking at the decorations, I love the free food, and I definitely love getting all dressed up. Needless to say, I have been to my fair share of weddings but this one was by far the most creative. The bride, Kathleen, wanted everything to reflect her personality and thier "couple style" so she made everything, from the decorations to the invitations. The whole atmosphere was just lovely. Kathleen and Paul also wanted to make sure everyone felt like they were at a party so they gave out glow sticks as favors. We tried to get Max to wear his glowstick glasses but he just wasn't feeling it. Actually, the poor kid started to go cross-eyed trying to look at the glow so we made him a hat instead(it looked more like a yamica than anything else). My other favorite thing was the yummy food. Kathleen decided to serve her favorite food--pizza. It was so fun and a bit unusual. There were 10 different types of pizza as well as her other favorite finger foods, such as toasted ravioli, wings, and stuffed mushrooms. It made for a real party-like atmosphere.
![]()
Weddings, besides the celebration of a new family, always give me the opportunity to dress up. And since I am a princess at heart, I decided to
really get dressed up and even do my hair. I find that I have fewer and fewer chances to do my hair these days since I am mainly chasing Max around the house, running mundane errands, or cleaning. I always wear earrings and mascara, but the hair just doesn't get the attention it formerly did. After I did my hair, rather, after I put in my hair, I felt like dancing about and singing "I feel pretty" but I opted for adding more mascara to my eyelashes instead.
I feel like the long hair makes my nose look more prominent. My nose has long been a source of insecurity ever since one of my siblings said I had a witch nose. The long black hair made me a little nervous that people would start cackling as I walked by, you know, since long black hair and a witch nose clearly equals witch face. Carl did a great job of reminding me that I didn't look like a witch. So here's the progression:
Short hair
+ 1 1/2 packs of extensions
= awesomely long hair without the hassle of growing it out!
Besides the chance to have awesome hair for an evening, Paul and Kathleen's wedding also gave me a chance to remember when Carl and I were sealed. As Paul and Kathleen repeated their vows, I thought about the words spoken at our sealing ceremony and the feeling of peace and love I felt on that day. I am so grateful that we have the gospel because I know that my little family will be together forever. In this crazy world, that is my most comforting thought.
6 comments:
I like the hair. What's funny is that I rarely do mascara, but usually try to do something with my hair. I guess we all have different things that go by the wayside.
I love the hair! I chopped my hair off too and have been missing every once in a while. You have inspired me to go out and buy my own extensions!
you look gorgeous and max is adorable!!!
You so do not have a witch nose! Siblings are dumb like that. Mine once told me that I have a dragon nose. What does that even MEAN? I don't know, but it sure sticks in your mind!
I've never seen your hair like that! That looked like a fun wedding, and such a fun couple.
Love the long hair. I have never seen your hair dark I just remember it blonde. Beautiful.
Post a Comment