Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Max's blessing

On March 1st, my family two reasons to celebrate: Max's blessing and Jordan's 15th birthday. I was both nervous and excited for Max's blessing. As most of you know, he was going through a bit of a rough spell at 6 weeks, meaning he cried nonstop. I was so worried that he would scream throughout his entire blessing. And he did. Oddly enough, it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It was a beautiful blessing and I remember feeling overcome with gratitude for the priesthood. I was also grateful that so many family members were able to make it.



After church, everybody headed over to my parents' house to celebrate Jordan's birthday. We had tamale pie and a very yummy banana toffee cake. It was a great day.
As an aside, it took forever to find Max's blessing outfit. My mom, Jen, and I went to several stores in an attempt to find an outfit that was appropriate yet stylish. After many hours, we found this little number. It came with a bonnet that I thought was kind of cute. Carl did not agree so Max wore his outfit sans bonnet(which was probably for the best).


No comments: