Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter

Easter this year was a low key affair. Instead our traditional Easter dinner, we had Hawaiian Haystacks, salad, and dessert from a local bakery. I think this setup gave us more time to focus on family fun and reflecting on the meaning of Easter.
We did, however, continue with a few of our favorite family traditions. We kicked things off this year with out Snickers hunt. Every year my mom hides mini Snickers around the first floor of the house. Some of them are hidden in plain sight while others have tricky hiding spots. Watching Tyler hunt Snickers this year was a treat. He managed to find quite a few on his own.
Tyler was of course the model older brother and made sure Isabel was included in the fun.
Max and Carl cleaned up as well.

Did I mention that everyone participates in the Snickers hunt? It's true, even Brock and Jordan hunted for the hard to find Snickers this year(yes that is Jordan. Doesn't he look so grown up?). I was secretly glad to be on camera duty this year. I stink at Easter egg hunts in general and I didn't want to be beat by a two year old this year!






No comments: