Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Fun Begins!

Since I am so new to this whole blogging scene, I thought i would start at the very beginning! Sit back, relax, and prepare yourself for a whirlwind review of The Sansom Family: The Early Years (please read that with your accent of choice).


Dec. '06- Ashley and Carl come back from their missions.

Please note the RED hair. I am with Maira and Jose. They were "golden" as some might say.



Dec 31, 2007: Carl and Ashley start dating. As a relationship refresher, Carl and I met in the summer of 2004. We dated for a while and then Carlos left on a mission to Madagascar and I left for my mission 6 months later (convenient, huh).



Here we are at a Couple's Conference for our Stake. There was a dance afterwards and we had a great time. At this point in our relation- ship, I may (read: definitely) outweighed Carl. This was huge motivation to diet!



One night we decided to be creative. We made a "candy pizza" for Carl's mom, Cathy. Being newly returned missionaries, we had a great opportunity to come up with some "creative dating option.





Here I am pretending to know what I am doing. Carl had not yet discovered my aversion to all things domestic.



I am proud to say that we only ate a slice of the pizza and the rest was delivered as promised!



March 2007: The Engagement

I must say that Carl has excellent taste. I was pleasantly surprised to see this lovely ring. Here's a little story about picking out the ring:

Carl and I looked at rings together exactly one time. Within the next few days, we asked for a few references for good jewelers and we found one. On the same day, only a few hours apart, we visited Tom the jeweler. Carl and I picked out the exact same ring, even though we had never seen the rings Tom had to offer! I knew we were destined to be together after that!





Here we are at a Cardinal's game. That is my mother-in-law, Cathy, with us. We had a really great time, even though the Cards lost 14-1.

This was my big birthday surprise. Carl planned an entire day filled with activities around St. Louis that I always wanted to do but never had the time. We went on a picnic, to the Arch museum, on a riverboat cruise, and to dinner theater.



July 4, 2007: Every year my family goes to the Fair St. Louis to watch the live music show and watch the fireworks. Carl came with us this year and we had a great time, even though is was super hot. As you can see, we are both covered in sweat. The fireworks were awesome and Carl and I will definitely continue this tradition.



August 3, 2007:

Carl and I got married (finally)! We had a really lovely ceremony and a fun reception. It was such a beautiful day; I will never forget how special I felt. Carl truly is the perfect man for me. I am constantly amazed at his generosity, kindness, and dedication to the Gospel. On top of all that, he makes me laugh. I am so grateful that we will be together forever.


Since I don't have any photos of the wedding (darn copyright laws), I'll just put a few in here from our honeymoon. We went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico and we loved it down there.



The Ruins at Tulum

Tulum (it's a great pic of us)




Our last night in Mexico. We ate a great Mayan restaurant called Yac-Xe. The foood and ambience were both exceptional.


Poor Carl! He had to endure many trips into little boutiques. He handled it like a champ.



Here we are on our way home. We were so sad!


6 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

Way to go Ashley! Looks great. :)

Elisa said...

Yay! Thanks for starting a blog, I'll be sure to check it frequently(even if you don't post frequently :)). Your honeymoon looked great! And I love that you made a candy pizza, I'm guessing through time your aversion to all things domestic will improve :). Love ya!

CJ said...

Cute blog! It was fun to see all the pictures and read your love story... I have definitely been out of the loop for a while but it's fun to catch up and find out what everyone is up to. Carl seems like a wonderful guy. Congrats on your happy beginning!

April said...

Good gravy. Now you've ruined my excuse for not having a blog (i.e. I don't have any kids to blog about yet). Hehe. j/k. Good for you.
P.S. You are nice.

sarah said...

I love your blog! It is so cute and the music is a great touch. You'll have to show me your blog tricks!

mary said...

FUN, Ashley. This was great to read about you guys. Happy blogging!!