Monday, March 24, 2008

A Day in Court

As most of you know, I am in graduate school getting my Masters in Social Work. All I have to say is WOWDY! I am now even more grateful for good parents and the gospel in my life. I spent today in the St. Louis City Court at trials and family support team meetings.

Today we tried to have a father's parental rights terminated. He has only seen his child once in 13 months...Once! On top of that, he has no emotional bond or attachment to this child. I am all for him playing a part in this child's life, just not as her parent. Hopefully everything will go well and this darling child can be adopted by her foster parents. The experience in foster and adoptive care has taught me about the type of parent I want to be when I have children.

I would also encourage all of you to consider being foster parents when you are able. I have met so many amazing (and wonderfully cute) kids over this semester. They deserve good homes as well.

No comments: