Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cutest kids ever

Halloween was a big hit in the Sansom home.  On Saturday we had a trunk or treat at church that prepared Max for last night's festivities.  Max ran around the church parking lot repeating "Trick or Treat" in an increasingly louder voice until he received his candy.  That was good preparation for our outing last night.  Since we don't live in a trick or treating friendly environment, we went to a cute neighborhood a few minutes away.  It was perfect for the Max and Joe because there were tons of little kids out and about and the streets were well lit.  We only went up and down half a block because a 2 year old just doesn't need that much candy.  I think Joe had a really good time, too.  he only got 4 pieces of candy but that was all he needed.  He held on to one piece with each hand and would not let go for anything.  By the end of the night, his Kit Kat was dust and the Snickers was all melty.  I didn't really mind since I didn't want either boy eating a feasting on candy anyway. 

Our costumes this year were pretty cool this year, if I do say so myself. The boys were Mario and Luigi and I made their costumes again this year.  Technically I only made their hats but I have been putting their costume together for a few months now.  I tried to do Mario and Luigi last year but it was impossible to find plain red and green shirts.  I happened to see a red shirt and a green shirt at Target in late August and I immediately bought them.  The overalls were less difficult to find but I did have to search through several racks of clothes at a consignment sale in order to find Max's size.  Carl was Captain America and I dressed up as Belle(blue dress Belle, not gold ball gown Belle).  I also made my costume and I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.  The pattern said easy but that dress was not as easy as I thought it would be to make.  I finished it about 45 minutes before our church party.  Anyway, here are the pictures.  That is, after all, the best part of blogs.

My boys!

Everyone we saw last night (and even people from across the street) would say "Hey look!  It's Mario and Luigi.  You guys look awesome."  Those comments just made my heart sing.
I don't have pictures of Carl and me at the moment but I am hunting those down as we speak.  Hopefully I will be able to post them soon. 

3 comments:

Karen said...

They do look very cute and that hats turned out perfect.

Sarah McK said...

SO cute! Our neighbor boys were Mario and Luigi too. Maybe Mario is making a comeback. :)

April said...

Fun.