As I related this story to Carl, I began to wonder if I could still fit into my dress. Eventually I decided to try it on for kicks and giggles. Here is the result:
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Pioneer Day Memories
The other day Carl and I were cleaning out our front closet and we came across a dress my mom made me when I was about 12 years old. Now, this is no ordinary dress. This was a dress she made for me to wear to the sesquicentennial pioneer day celebration. I remember searching through bolts of fabric looking for the perfect fabric for my dress and coordinating bonnet. After all, no pioneer ensemble is complete without a perfectly matched bonnet. My dear mother then spent hours tracing, cutting, and sewing my pioneer dress. She then lovingly stored my pioneer dress for 14 years so that I could have and pass it on to my daughter.
If this image didn't make you burst out laughing, then nothing will. I was just happy my trusty dress still fit after all these years. I do hope that one of my children will be able to use this dress one day because it reminds me of happy times and a loving mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the REAL question is what shoes should you wear with it???
Ashley - you look awesome. That is all. :)
Post a Comment