Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

This was our first year carving a pumpkin together, even though this our second Halloween as a married couple. We somehow missed out on the fun last year. Maybe it had something to do with the unpleasant truth that I am not very good at carving nor do I enjoy touching pumpkin guts. Carl, on the other hand, grew up carving pumpkins and is pretty good at it.



I eventually overcame my feelings of ookiness toward the pumpkin and cleaned some of it out.



Carl did the carving (we both agreed that it was best to keep me away from knives because of my propensity for cutting myself), although we did design the face together(we went for a happy pumpkin face).



I think the source of our inspiration is pretty obvious.
And here is the final result.



1 comment:

sarah said...

I'm not into pumpkin guts either. To remedy the situation each year I wear latex gloves. Makes it a whole lot easier.